Samuel Group 2017-2018
Coordinated by the Apostles of the Interior Life
Samuel Group is open to all young adults, ages 20-30 (junior standing or higher), who seriously desire to discern God's will for their lives. The focus of this program is to provide the tools to learn how to discern properly with peace, joy, and confidence. The program will operate over a course of 6 meetings throughout the school year.
The Three-Fold Goal:
- to know oneself
- to know Jesus
- to know one's role in the Church and in the world
These are attained through Prayer, Spiritual Direction, and Interior Discernment. Through three main aspects of meditation, purification, and scrutiny.
Meditation involves daily reflection on the Word of God and spiritual writings.
Purification is the process of detachment from sin, wrongful inclinations, selfish affections, and illusions.
Scrutiny involves spiritual direction and self-reflection on the interior movements of the soul where Jesus speaks to us.
Structure of the Program:
- One monthly meeting on Sunday afternoon from 1:00-4:30 pm
- Each meeting involves a brief social period, a guided meditation, one hour of Eucharistic Adoration, with the availability for Confession, a purification talk, small group sharing, and "spiritual assignments" for the month.
- Throughout the month the students must meet at least once with their personal spiritual director, develop a regular schedule of prayer, and abide the the rules of Samuel Group.
Samuel Group is open to all young adults ages 20-30 (junior standing or higher) who:
- Have at least a minimal prayer life,
- Wish to seriously discern the will of God in their life, and
- Have a spiritual director (or find one to begin the program).
Meeting Dates (from 1:00pm - 4:30pm)
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Sunday, October 29, 2017
Sunday, December 3, 2017
Sunday, January 28, 2018
Sunday, February 25, 2018 (10 am - 4:30 pm w/ lunch)
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Cost: $30 for KU Students & $35 for Non-KU Students
Please pay before the first meeting, by visiting www.kucatholic.org/pay
Any questions please contact our Student Coordinator:
Phone: (419) 571-6299